The objective of the assignment is to take part in the investigation of an optimal mix of state-of-the-art solutions for an Electric Hybrid Powertrain (EHP) suitable for electrical aircraft, ranging from small long-endurance unmanned aircraft to 100-seat regional passenger aircraft. Technologies are compared and rated in terms of cost, use of fuel, energy storage capacity, performance, power density, weight, durability, exhaust/pollution, certification feasibility and scalability etc. You will take part in a small team of interns and researchers and your contribution will focus on the hardware components. Main tasks of the assignment are:
- Define and reach consensus with all parties on assignment project plan
- Research and quantitatively compare state-of-the-art and future developments in battery, fuel cell and fuel storage technologies.
- Modelling & optimization of the EHP system hardware components.
- Selection of the most promising component mix for the EHP.
- Design, build and test a breadboard EHP with state-of-the-art components.
The study should lead to an operational demonstrator breadboard, built with state-of-the-art components.
Physics or Electrical Engineering undergraduate student (3rd year’s University Degree). Strong in combining theoretical (modeling) and practical design aspects. Affinity with aviation is an advantage.
Unfortunately, students from non-EU countries are not eligible for this assignment.
3-6 (internship) or 9-10 months (graduation). Start: as soon as possible.
- An inspiring high-tech aerospace-oriented working environment;
- Informal culture with room for personal initiative, in which results and commitment are important pillars.
- Personal coaching
- Professional workplace including laptop computer
- A compensation for general expenditures and travel expenses
Information & application
For more information about the application or an application letter with CV please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, 088-511 4231; or email@example.com 088 511 3605. Visit our media channel on YouTube for background information.
Datum : 27/03/2017
Locatie : NLR Amsterdam or NLR Marknesse
Uren : 40
Opleidingsniveau : University
Werkniveau : Internship or graduation project
Achtergrond : Physics or Electrical Engineering University education